Seal of the Police Forces
of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Date: 19/1/86 [8/4/2007]
From: The Public Security and Intelligence Police of Tehran – the Office of Supervision over Facilities & Locations [Amaken-e Omoumi].
To: The respected security commanders of affiliated counties – Heads of Public Security and Intelligence Police.
Topic: Review of eligibility [to obtain business permits] for members of militant factions and the subversive sect of Baha’ism
With blessings to Mohammad and the House of Mohammad (PBUT), and with due respect.
In accordance with the received instructions from the honorable head of the Public Security and Intelligence Police regarding supervision over public locations (number 31/2/5/30/14 dated 21/12/85 [3/3/2007]),
and considering the increase in the number of applications received from affiliates of the subversive sect of Baha’ism for business permits, and their legal and justified presence in trade societies after obtaining permits,
for control and continuous surveillance of their activities, and prevention – as much as possible – of their widespread presence in various sensitive and important trades and trade organizations;
and similarly, in relation to members of militant factions who have applied for business permits,
it is urgent to initiate the following actions in addition to directive number 100/7/30/14 dated 17/2/82 [5/7/2003] (commission for final review) that identified the kinds of cases that are reviewable in the commission.
A. The subversive sect of Baha’ism:
1) To initiate the identification of Baha’i individuals present in trade unions and gather data organized by category (extent of presence, type of employment,…).
2) Employment activities with high earnings are to be prohibited, and permit applications should be approved solely for types of economic activity that allow income of average range sufficient for sustenance.
3) Prevent issuance of permits to the indicated individuals in sensitive areas of economic activity (cultural, advertising, financial, media and publications, jewelry makers, clock makers, tea house owners, engravers, tourist services, car rentals, publishers, book sellers, hostel owners, hotel owners, dress-making schools, photography and film-making, game net, computers, coffee net).
4) In accordance with implementing Sharia laws, permits will not be issued for followers of the subversive sect of Baha’ism in areas of economic activity that require cleanliness [taharat]: 1) catering halls 2) restaurants and dining facilities 3) sellers of foods and food products 4) Kebab and stews 5) cafés 6) sellers of meats and super markets 7) ice cream and fruit juices and soft drinks 8) bakery and pastry shops 9) coffee shops.
B. Affiliates of militant factions:
1) Affiliates and members of political, anti-revolutionary groups and organizations do not have the right to be candidates for, or members of, the board of directors of trade unions and cooperatives,
2) Likewise, in trade unions of places of residence, including (hotels, hostels, etc…) 3) printing offices, 4) publishers and book sellers, 5) kindergartens, 6) private schools, 7) tourist institutes and car rentals, 8) real estate agencies, 9) seal manufacturing, 10) sale of weapons and ammunitions, 11) sale of chemicals, 12) photography & filming, 13) coffee net and game net, 14) computers, 15) cultural, arts, and advertising institutions, a business permit will not be issued. (Includes applications by indicated individuals for ‘management licenses’).
16) The location of businesses of these types of individuals must not be near sensitive and classified locations.
17) Freed or forgiven agents of militant groups will be considered as regular citizens in all other types of trade unions and will submit applications like other applicants.
18) It is suitable that [you] order that the receipt of these instructions is confirmed.
Chief of Security and Intelligence Police of Tehran
IRGC General Hosseini
1) The respected Chief of Police Public Security of Islamic Republic Security Forces [NAJA] – Supervision over public locations, for his information.
2) The respected head of the department of reviewing qualifications – office of supervision of public locations of Tehran, for his information and to take initiatives as indicated above.
3) The respected head of the department of control and supervision – office of supervision of public locations of Tehran, for his information and to take initiatives as indicated above.