Date: 7/8/1384 [29/10/2005]
From: The General Staff of the Armed Forces
To: The recipients indicated at the bottom
Topic: Identifying members of the subversive sects of Baha’ism and Baabism
With greetings and blessings to Mohammad and the House of Mohammad (PBUT), and by expressing condolences for the occasion of the martyrdom of the companion of all unitarians, Amir-e momenan, and wishing for the acceptance of all prayers and acts of worship;
following reports received regarding the activities and secret meetings of the subversive Baha’i and Baabi sects in Tehran and other counties, in accordance with the order of the Supreme Leader, the venerable Ayatollah Khamenei, the General Staff of the Armed Forces was assigned to gather a complete and comprehensive report on all activities of these sects – be it political, economic, social, or cultural – in order to identify all members of these subversive sects. Therefore, it is kindly asked to issue directives to the relevant bases to gather any information regarding these individuals in the indicated areas in a very secret manner and to report to this General Staff.
Details will be relayed to the blessed presence of the Supreme Leader and the honorable commander in chief.
Lieutenant General Hasan Firuzabadi, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces
– Misty of Intelligence of the Islamic Republic of Iran
– The Ideological-Political Bureau of the office of Commander-in-Chief
– Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corp (IRGC)
– Commander of the Basij Resistance Force of the IRGC
– Information Deputy of the Law Enforcement Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran
– Supreme Leader’s Representative in IRGC
– Head of the Ideological-Political Organization of the Law Enforcement Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran
– General Commander of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran
The honorable head of the Judiciary, the venerable Ayatollah Shahroudi, for his information and to take the necessary initiatives.
The honorable director of the Supreme Leader’s Office, Basij Brigadier-General Mehdi Shirazi, for his information.