This section contains all the modern state constitutions of Iran, starting with 1906. The 1906 constitution was amended four times: in 1907, 1925, 1949, and 1956. During the revolution of 1979 a new constitution was promulgated. This constitution has been amended once, in 1989. Below are links to all seven constitutional documents, both in Persian and in English.
In addition, this section contains links to the debates of the 1979 Constitutional Assembly.
– The Ministry of Interior of Iran.
– The Islamic Parliament Research Center.
– The Guardian Council.
– Davis, Helen Miller. 1953. Constitutions, Electoral Laws, Treaties of States in the Near and Middle East. Duke University Press. (First AMS edition, 1970)
– 2 Amos J. Peaslee Constitutions of Nations 200 1950.
– 101 British & Foreign State Papers 534 1907-1908.
– 2 Amos J. Peaslee & Dorothy Peaslee Xydis of Nations Rev. 3d ed. 452 1970.
Constitutional Debates (Persian):
Debates of the first Assembly of Experts that approved the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran (1979) in Three Volumes in Persian: